Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNS works for specific web sites only, problem with sending mail as well

Hello everyone,

I'd like to ask you about one problem you may have experienced after moving to windows 2008.

Everyday but random time, my DNS goes crazy... Users have problem with browsing, and mail server (gateway in front of exchange) can't send ANY messages out.
    For example, messages sent after 2pm were delayed till midnight, and then sent.

I've been looking for anything in Event log, but there's nothing that could point out, what could cause such problem. I created reverse zone after first incident, but it didn't help either. SUrprisingly, DNS event log stopped collecting new events after 21st of October, and it looks like this is the day my problem started. However, after restarting DNS Server I get error: 6702.

Any Ideas?

Regards,

jumanji
    ..:: jumanji

Re: DNS works for specific web sites only, problem with sending mail as well

Does the SMTP gateway rely on and use your internal DNS? If not, then I would suspect a problem at your ISP.

Comment

Re: DNS works for specific web sites only, problem with sending mail as well

Hi,

SMTP points at internal DNS, which is DC. Usually it works well, but since I moved everything to 2k8, I have this weird problem.

When I change DNS on clients' machines to ISP then everything works great, except that you have to authenticate yourself to access local domain assets.
      ..:: jumanji

Comment

Working...
      X