Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS Remoteapp weird problem with Putty.exe

Hey guys

I am running a 2008 server with terminal services and I am experimenting with ts remoteapp.

I have a problem with getting Putty to run via remoteapp.

When I run the rdp shortcut to the application from a clientmachine the application can run just fine the first time, but when closed and reopened again... nothing happens.

The process starts on the terminalserver so if I press the shortcut like 5 times... 5 putty.exe processes is started on the terminalserver. But for the user... nothing happens.

Sometimes all of the, lets say... 5 windows open at once when the user starts another remoteapp that works fine... for example Winword or something like that...

I have tried other standalone .exe files and they work just fine... the problem seems to be only with Putty...

I have also tried to install Putty as a program on the server and added the app from the windows-installer, but the same thing happens...

Any ideas?

Greetings from
    Petter
    Greetings from
    Petter C.
    Norway

Re: TS Remoteapp weird problem with Putty.exe

yes, I had a similar issue,

using putty to connect to unix server, first session would be a blank screen, second try always worked.

the cure was to disable IPv6 on the nic and since then no problems with putty.
    (and I don't know why it would matter, except for the binding order may have had IPv6 set higher)
    Stacey Smith
    Sr. Systems Engineer

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane --Samuel Clemens

Comment

Tnx for reply.

I still think my issue is a littlebit diffrent as I am not using Putty to connect to anything in this scenario... the problem is that Putty does not start itself when I try to start it via remoteapp.

Greetings from
      Petter
      Greetings from
      Petter C.
      Norway

Comment

Is IPv6 disabled? Do you use it at all? It will be worth a try.

Comment

Hey

IPv6 is disabled in my enviroment, so... i'm running out of luck
          Greetings from
          Petter C.
          Norway

Comment

Working...
          X