server 2008 domain admin logon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• server 2008 domain admin logon

I have installed windows 2008 server GUI mode, it is work fine, then i have installed Active directory with dcpromo command, now it logons with local administrator, but not with domain administrator, why?

Re: server 2008 domain admin logon

A domain controller has NO local administrator, so it must be the (domain) administrator account you are logging on with.
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

After converting a regular server to DC, and UNLESS you are either in "DS Repair Mode" or have manually stopped the Active Directory Services, there is NO way possible to log on with the LOCAL Administrator.
      Cheers,

Daniel Petri
      Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
      MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

RODCs can have a local administrator.

Comment

You are right. I assumed he was using a regular DC, but now that you've mentioned it, it's possible that it is an RODC...
          Cheers,

Daniel Petri
          Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
          MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
          X