Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RemoteApp

Hello everyone,

New to the forums and servers all together. That being the case I'm lost on how to configure RemoteApp on windows server 2008. My setup thus far is one server running server 2k8 as the DC with AD DS. I log into it remotely using RDC from my work computer running Vista. Currently I have no TS CALS installed just the default 5 users for RDC. I've created a rpd package of the gimp which is installed on the server. My problem is after I put the package on my vista machine and try to connect using it I get the error:

Code:
    The remote computer could not be found
    and when I run the package on the server I get the prompt for user/pass.

Sorry for the complete ignorance here but I'm at a loss on what needs to be configured in order to get this working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

-Jeremy

Re: RemoteApp

Looks like when I installed TS web access and TS gateway I messed up something on my IIS server. When trying to connect to my server through the URL I get a time out and the error I show in the event log for IIS is Error event ID 1004

Code:
    The World Wide Web Publishing Service (WWW Service) did not register the URL prefix https://*:443/TS for site 1. The site has been disabled. The data field contains the error number.
    and when trying to start my site I get:

Code:
    There was an error while performing this operation. 
    Details: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070020)

Comment

Uninstalled TS web access and TS gateway and now IIS works again. Gonna try to reinstall and get it right this time.

Update: Reinstalled TS web access and it loads fine in my browser, However I added RemoteApp programs and they do not show up. Not sure why I checked the box for 'show in TS web access'.

another Update: So the apps show up in I.E. but not firefox?
      Last edited by blackvd; 26th August 2008, 22:26. Reason: update

Comment

Will it work if you have the IE plugin installed on Firefox?
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
          Will it work if you have the IE plugin installed on Firefox?

IE tab plugin works great I saw someone mention it on another forum. But what if you're on another Operating System? Say Linux, then what do you do besides run IE in wine?

Comment

Working...
          X