Local RDP on Server 2008 Core

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local RDP on Server 2008 Core

I'm planning my test environment and I have a limited number of machines. What I'd like to do is install server 2008 Core and configure it as a Virtual host for 3 or 4 other systems. Is there an RDP client that can be run locally on Core to attach to VM's on the local system? Does VRMC + work locally on core to attach to desktops?

Thanks,

Dave

Re: Local RDP on Server 2008 Core

Originally posted by DSusemiehl View Post
    I'm planning my test environment and I have a limited number of machines. What I'd like to do is install server 2008 Core and configure it as a Virtual host for 3 or 4 other systems. Is there an RDP client that can be run locally on Core to attach to VM's on the local system? Does VRMC + work locally on core to attach to desktops?

Thanks,

Dave
    I have just deleted my Core VM so I cannot really test it, but try the command

mstsc /v:<serverIP>

thats the client "executable" .. if it doesn't work - then no ..

Comment

Re: Local RDP on Server 2008 Core

If you use Hyper V shourly you could configure Hyper V on the core server and the access the Hyper V via the admin tool on another machine and then open a console session that way?

Michael
      Michael Armstrong
      www.m80arm.co.uk
      MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
      X