Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• w2008 32bit & 8gb RAM problem

(sorry, my english isn´t good at all)

When I try to install w2008 server enterprise with 8gb of RAM, the setup process initiate but, at the first screen (message "Windows is loading files..."), when the bottom bar reach the end, the system hang up.
    If I try with only 4Gb de RAM, I can install w2008 (standar or enterprise) without problem, buy after that, when I put the additional 4Gb, the system never boot. If I try with "safe boot" the last line that I can see is "loading crcdisk.sys". (a)

A few minutes ago, I try with w2008 x64 & 8Gb, same problem.
    Now, I try with 4Gb and after finish the install, try to put the 4Gb additionals and see what happens.

(a) When I boot 4Gb, I execute (in a desesperate try), the next commands in command line:
    BCDEdit /set nx AlwayOff
    BCDEdit /set PAE forceenable

and reboot the machine, install the 4Gb additional ... same problem

any ideas?

Motherboard: Intel DP35DP
    Micro: Intel Core 2 Quad

Thanks in advance

sds

tequesta

Re: w2008 32bit & 8gb RAM problem

BIOS update first off, also make sure you have the remapping selected in the bios.
    Finally make sure the RAM you have chosen is supported for the motherboard and you are running it at the correct speed.

Info from the Intel Site:

Processor
    * Support for both 45nm & 65nm Intel® Core™2 Quad processors in an LGA775 socket with a 1333 or 1066 MHz system bus
    * Support for an Intel® Core™2 Duo processor in an LGA775 socket with a 1333/1066/800 MHz system bus
    * Support for an Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core processor in an LGA775 socket with an 800 MHz system bus
    * Support for an Intel® Celeron® processor in an LGA775 socket with an 800 MHz system bus

Memory
    * Four 240-pin DDR2 SDRAM Dual Inline Memory Module (DIMM) sockets
    * Support for DDR2 800 MHz, or DDR2 667 MHz DIMMs
    * Support for up to 8 GB of system memory
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Working...
    X