Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DHCP? authorisation problem.

hey all,

my first post after being a lurker for a good couple of months thank you everyone that has helped an anomous lurker!

anyway,

my issue of the day is this;

im running a mixed forest prepped for (W2k 2k3 domain. I have added a child domain successfully into the forest, and AD is replicating nicely.

i have then proceded to install the DHCP Role. all settings are correct, i have used an enterprise admin account to config the above. my scopes are all correct and i have gone to authorise the server.

the server itself is a dell poweredge with 2 network cards installed. Eth1 faces the new IP range for the child domain (it is this interface that DHCP is configured for, Eth2 faces the existing root domain and thus i have been able to replicate the AD traffic.

however here is the crux of the issue
    the server just doesnt seem to want to authorise my new server. it shows on my snap in with the ability to manage authorised servers. - however, no IP addresses are forthcoming.

secondly the non-authorised icon is showing within DHCP.

I believe this to be an issue with the fact the server is also connected to the root domain as well as the child domain?

as always, thanks for any help offered.
    Kipkiller

MCP 2000/server, n+, CCNA, LPIC L1

Re: DHCP? authorisation problem.

which domain is the server actually a member in?
    Technology is only as good as those who use it

My tech blog - wiredtek.wordpress.com

Comment

hiya,

the problem server is the main DC for a child domain.

it is fully visible within the schema but again shows a status of awaiting authorisation...

cheers
      Kipkiller

Comment

hey all,

just to say i resolved the issue.

though the resolution was tres strange and involved AD not fully replicating!

sigh, live and learn eh?

onto the next crisis!
        Kipkiller

Comment

Working...
        X