Want to upgrade to 2008 - Cannot uninstall PowerShell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to upgrade to 2008 - Cannot uninstall PowerShell

I have a Windows 2003 Server x64 Enterprise with Exchange 2007 + SP1 that I want to upgrade to 2008. It's complaining that PowerShell is installed and it needs to be uninstalled. I can't find it in Add/Remove Programs even with "Show Updates" selected.

I tried to run spuninst.exe from $NtUninstallKB926139$....but that directory does not exist.

I tried to remove the directory: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\windowspowershell then delete HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\PowerShell and delete HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PowerShell and tried to install the package. No luck again.

Even tried to use the Windows Installer Cleanup but it doesn't find it.

Anyone else have suggestions?

Re: Want to upgrade to 2008 - Cannot uninstall PowerShell

Not sure if this can give you a hand?

http://blogs.msdn.com/powershell/arc...2-upgrade.aspx
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Did you try to click SHOW HIDDEN UPDATES check box, once you click on that it should show you the POWERSHELL update
      PS: If it came throgh Service Pack try the links below:

Have a look in the below link...

http://www.myitforum.com/articles/40/view.asp?id=10041

Comment

I had the same issue, but with Vista, will it work?

Comment

Ahhmmmm... are you sure it's supposed to work?

To deploy Exchange 2007 SP1 on Windows Server 2008, you must install Windows Server 2008 on a computer that does not have Exchange installed, and then install Exchange 2007 SP1.
          http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/20...16/446709.aspx

More:

Exchange 2007 SP1 can be installed on Windows Server 2008, but Windows Server 2008 cannot be installed on Exchange 2007 SP1. This means that all computers running Exchange 2007 SP1 must have Windows Server 2008 already installed before Exchange can be installed on the system. This also means that you cannot take an existing Exchange 2007 server (RTM or SP1) running on Windows Server 2003, and do an in-place upgrade of the operating system to Windows Server 2008.

Put another way:

When upgrading standalone servers, it is not supported to upgrade your operating system to Windows Server 2008 and then upgrade Exchange 2007 to SP1. It is also not supported to upgrade Exchange 2007 to SP1 and then upgrade your operating system to Windows Server 2008. To deploy Exchange 2007 SP1 on Windows Server 2008, you must install Windows Server 2008 on a computer that does not have Exchange installed, and then install Exchange 2007 SP1.
          http://thebackroomtech.wordpress.com...exchange-2007/
          Cheers,

Daniel Petri
          Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
          MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Originally posted by simons View Post
            I had the same issue, but with Vista, will it work?
            What Vista? What are you talking about, and what does this have to do with Windows 2008???
            Cheers,

Daniel Petri
            Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
            MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

I think that was a thread hijack with a similar problem.
              I've re-read mvalpreda's question and I think I misunderstood, so to clarify. If you have problems uninstalling Powershell from 2003 you could have a look at that link however as Daniel states you cannot upgrade 2003 to 2008 with Exchange installed.
              cheers
              Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Working...
              X