No announcement yet.

win2k8 Terminal Services Easy Print issues

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• win2k8 Terminal Services Easy Print issues

I have recently setup a production Windows 2008 Server Standard. I have windows XP Pro SP3 with Framework 3.0 SP1 installed on all client workstations that need to connect to this terminal server and I have doubled checked that framework and XPS writer are installed features on the server.. I have a few problems here though... One is, Easy Print Does help automatically redirect printer without having to install the driver, but!, oh yes theres a but... When I send anything to a Easy Print redirected printer i get in error in the event view of 6161 and access denied and this is normally due to incorrect printer drivers so.. I installed the correct printer driver and in Group Policy I
    disabled the user configuration\policies\administrative templates\windows components\terminal services\terminal server\Printer Redirection\Use Terminal Server Easy Print Driver first. I ran gpupdate and logged off and back on and the printer was able to send things right on through my real problem is printer permissions on redirected printers. I have read the microsoft fix for this by going to security and advanced and take ownership and select the correct permissions which does work but only for that one session as soon as I log off i lose all permissions. Normally this wouldn't matter so much but one in particular printer I have redirected needs to access "Device Settings" and cannot without proper permissions and I can't figure out how to save printer or permission settings. SOMEONE HELP! lol . I thought EASY PRINT was suppose to be the best.

Here is the event:

The document Test Page, owned by cookeville02, failed to print on printer HP LaserJet 1200 Series PCL (redirected 3). Try to print the document again, or restart the print spooler.
    Data type: RAW. Size of the spool file in bytes: 135852. Number of bytes printed: 0. Total number of pages in the document: 1. Number of pages printed: 0. Client computer: \\SERVER. Win32 error code returned by the print processor: 5. Access is denied.

EVENT ID: 6161

Also I keep getting this repeatively.

Printer Microsoft XPS Document Writer (redirected 3) will be deleted. No user action is required.
    To stop logging warning events for the print spooler, in Control Panel, open Printers, right-click a blank area of the window, click Run as Administrator, click Server Properties, click the Advanced tab, and then clear the Log spooler warning events check box.

EVENT ID: 4 (Also, this event ID happens on more than just the microsoft XPS document writer its on multiple printers.
    Last edited by ixoye77; 12th June 2008, 06:58.

Re: win2k8 Terminal Services Easy Print issues

I have the same issue and hunted for a solution every since RC1...I have not found a fix.

I did find that it was only happening to users using the application on the LAN.
    Those connecting over the WAN seem to be able to print fine.
    Stacey Smith
    Sr. Systems Engineer

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane --Samuel Clemens