Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limit Concurrent Logons

Hi,

For Windows NT4, 2000 and 2003 there is a utility called LimitLogin utility( http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...limitlogin.exe) but this is only usable for those OS's and forests/domains.

I was wondering if anybody here knows a way to be able to limit the number of concurrent logons per user per domain member in and Windows Sever 2008 forest/domain without the need of purchasing (expensive) third party tooling.

Regards
    M

Re: Limit Concurrent Logons

i'm pretty sure the limitlogon utility works in a server 2008 enviroment as well. I will load up some VM's tomorrow and test this out.
    Technology is only as good as those who use it

My tech blog - wiredtek.wordpress.com

Comment

Re: Limit Concurrent Logons

After loading my VM's it appears to work the same in a 2k8 environment as it does in a 2k3 environment.

IMPORTANT!!!!

Do not take this as a guarantee that it will work, not only is limitlogin not supported by microsoft but they also do not state that it will work with 2k8. Also this is only my finding with some simple testing. Take it upon yourself to do more extensive testing in a non-production environment. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR AND ISSUES OR DATA LOSS THAT MAY OCCUR IF YOU DECIDE TO GO ABOUT THIS
      Technology is only as good as those who use it

My tech blog - wiredtek.wordpress.com

Comment

Re: Thanks for sharing

wiredteknologies, thanks for sharing with us!

Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
        X