No announcement yet.

Visual C++ Runtime error

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visual C++ Runtime error

Greets all,

I am working at a new facility to set up their domain, AD, DNS and other components configured correctly so they can move away from their LDAP authentication environment and move over to a Microsoft AD enabled environment.
    A Visual C++ runtime error occurs when some members of the Infrastructure group log onto a 2008 standard DC running SP1, as Admin and attempt to invoke AD Users and Computers.

However, the same error never happens to me when I'm logged on to the box using my credentials from my workstation. I have had other members try using my workstation to logon with and the same error repeates itself again however, I have noted that they all attempt to logon as Administrator.

I am in the DA group, I do not posess the Administrators account credentials.

Any suggestions on what to look at first? The group would like to flatten and rebuild the box, my thoughts are not in favor of that solution, that the problem lies elsewhere and a rebuild will not fix the issue.

Thanks in advance for all of your assistance....

"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire." W. B. Yeats