No announcement yet.

NAP in windos server 2008

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAP in windos server 2008

Hai all

i have installed XP sp3 in my desktop after installing sp3 the changes i saw was the RDP 5.2 in sp2 was changed to 6.1 version (intially gives error like some dll missing)and explanation tab was added to the local security policy tab also i was told that the new featirre in sp3 and in VISTA and windows server 2008 is NAP

I want to know what is NAP

Kindly explain me

Re: NAP in windos server 2008

NAP stands for Network Access Protection:

Ever heard of

Network Access Protection (NAP) is a new platform and solution that controls access to network resources based on a client computerís identity and compliance with corporate governance policy. NAP allows network administrators to define granular levels of network access based on who a client is, the groups to which the client belongs, and the degree to which that client is compliant with corporate governance policy. If a client is not compliant, NAP provides a mechanism to automatically bring the client back into compliance and then dynamically increase its level of network access.
    Michael Armstrong
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Re: NAP in windos server 2008

Hi all
      i installed nap in a test lab ,my question is about remediation servers why cannot be given an ip address rather than url