ADMT server 2008

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADMT server 2008

Is there a version of ADMT that will work with server 2008 or do I need to deploy a server 2003 box in my 2008 domain to do the migration with ADMT 3.0?
    Stacey Smith
    Sr. Systems Engineer

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane --Samuel Clemens

Re: ADMT server 2008

Yes..........You need to temporarily deploy at least one Windows Server 2003 DC in the target environment for the duration of the migration as no new version of ADMT is going to be released in near future.

Regards,
    Kapil Sharma
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Life is too short, Enjoy It.

Comment

ADMT 3.1 is compatible with 2008
      http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
      Regards,
      Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
      Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
      www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyW View Post
        just to add to "JeremyW" , the ADMT v3.1 must be Installed on a Win2008 Machine and can not be installed on a Win 2003 Machine, although it supports Migrating Windows 2003/XP/2000/2008/Vista (Machines/Domains).

Note: ADMT version 3.1 only supports Windows 2000 SP4 and newer source/target domains. So…if anyone is still running NT 4.0, you’ll need to get ADMT version 3.0, which does support NT 4.0 SP4 source domains (the PDC must be at least SP4, but I’d recommend SP6a from previous experience).
        Last edited by Akila; 2nd September 2008, 17:05.

Comment

Hey thanks all for the reply's. I will add to reputation.

Now for the funny part....we are so busy with so many projects going on I don't even remember why I needed this solution...
          I suspect it was a project that got shuffled off to someone else. It seems my company thinks I should only be working on exchange 07 and Cisco ASA's right now, just when I was beginning to really like server 2008
          Stacey Smith
          Sr. Systems Engineer

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane --Samuel Clemens

Comment

Working...
          X