X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WAN & LAN Binding

Ok Here's my new problem.....

I Have windows Server 2008 Enterprise DL580 G5 20GB Ram 8 73GB SCSI 2 NIC

i have managed the entire migration to the point where i now have one network card for LAN and 1 for WAN unfortunatley the WAN network adapter is being detected as part of my domain.local which is screwing up my routing and SMTP

I Can have SMTP working if RRAS is disabled but as soon as i enable RRAS its blocking SMTP traffic.

Re: WAN & LAN Binding

Go to the DNS tab in the advanced properties of TCP/IP on the WAN NIC and unselect the "Register this connections addresses in DNS" check box. (I'm assuming that's what you mean when you say: the WAN network adapter is being detected as part of my domain.local)

Comment

yes whenever i go into network connections i can see my 2 NIC's but they both say mydomain.local so it is putting a stop to the email coming into exchange

are you allowed to post links to screenshots and ill show you exactly what i mean?
      Last edited by Nizzy; 25th March 2008, 20:15.

Comment

i think this is what joe means. this is in vista (no 2008 box handy), but same concept... just uncheck the circled box
        Attached Files

Comment

yeh i get that i have unticked it but nothing seems to have changed ill attach a screenshot now i know its allowed lol

As you will see below in The Network Connections Window Both Nics have Test.local in them which i didnt think was correct and if you look at network and sharing it has both networks under test.local

Last edited by Nizzy; 25th March 2008, 20:52.

Comment

well i have figured it out myself and it has absolutely nothing to do with Network cards binding

I set up the server again today for testing and took of NPS just to trial it and see if it worked and guess what I Could telnet onto the server no problem so i installed NPS again and i could not telnet onto the server so it turns out oops i should have done a little more research into NPS before i bothered everyone.

Thanks for the replies and the help anyway greatly appreciated

Comment

it seems that as soon as i configure RRAS SMTP (Telnet) stops workin and then as soon as i disable RRAS SMTP (Telnet) is working fine again.

Any suggestions

Comment

Working...
              X