Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sysprep Windows 2008

Hi Guys,

I like to have sysprep images of Windows 2008 to hand incase I like to test some new features. Normally I run the sysprepped images untill they require registering and then hopefully I'm finished what I want to learn before this happens (With windows 2003 you could choose to not reset the grace period so you didn't have to register - I have technet Direct so I was still licensed)

With Windows 2008 you only get 3 days before you need to register but I read an article that says you got 30 (Which would be enough):

http://searchwinit.techtarget.com/ti...267878,00.html

This was with the Beta 3 release so have MS changed the amount of days you get before you have to register?

30 days would be ideal as 3 is barely enought to get anything done, esepcially if you haven't got your head around it. I dont want to waste all my 10 licenses either just for simple testing like this.

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Re: Sysprep Windows 2008

Actually I've just found out that it's 3 days untill automatic activation and when you click to activate it says you have 60 days.

60 days will be more than enough.

Anyone know what happens after 3 days - can I just cancel the activation?

Thanks

Michael
    Attached Files
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Sysprep Windows 2008

You've got 3 days till automatic activation, but if you choose not to activate within 3 days, you still have the entire period of time to activate the machine.

BTW, an interesting find that I saw on Win2008, is that it "knows" that it's being run on Virtual Server/VMWare, and whenever you make a change in the path of the VHD files it prompts you to re-activate. Anyone else see this behavior?
      Cheers,

Daniel Petri
      Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
      MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
      X