Unattented setup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unattented setup

I'm looking into deploying Windows Server 2008, and found some information on how and what. But i am still puzled about creating an answer file and a fully unattented system installation.

In Windows Server 2003 it was really easy to create an unattented installation.
    Now i found that sysprep is available in Windows Server 2008 and does practically the same thing. But can't find an answer how to create an answer file (Using Waik).
    [Powershell]
    Start-DayDream
    Set-Location Malibu Beach
    Get-Drink
    Lay-Back
    Start-Sleep
    Wake-Up!
    Resume-Service
    Write-Warning
    [/Powershell]

BLOG: Therealshrimp.blogspot.com

Re: Unattented setup

Hello,
    I haven't done anything with 2008 yet myself but I believe it is the same as Vista.
    I'm taking this information from http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/6/3/e63cf2f6-7f71-450b-8e4a-dace88e99456/readme.htm

Windows Vista Deployment Step by Step Guide
    I don't know anything about (you or your) computers.
    Research/test for yourself when listening to free advice.

Comment

Hey thx, i prosumed it was like in vista, but was searching for Windows Server 2008 documentation. Well, I will try the Vista deployment on Windows Server, hadn't had the time to continue.
      [Powershell]
      Start-DayDream
      Get-Drink
      Lay-Back
      Start-Sleep
      Wake-Up!
      Resume-Service
      Write-Warning
      [/Powershell]

Comment

I've been testing and it seems to be oke. But i'm not of the woods yet.
        Because my machine isn't activated yet, i can't use Sysprep from the command line (is running on 90 days grace periode SLMGR -rearm).
        Windows keeps stating that Sysprep isn't know as a internal or external command line.
        Googling on the subjects shows similar problem with Vista when the system isn't activated yet. Due to restrictions on the network, i am unable to register this copy of Windows Server 2008. As soon as i get some spare time, i'll place the machine on a less secured vlan and will activate the OS.
        [Powershell]
        Start-DayDream
        Get-Drink
        Lay-Back
        Start-Sleep
        Wake-Up!
        Resume-Service
        Write-Warning
        [/Powershell]

Comment