RemoteAPP printing Error

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RemoteAPP printing Error

I receiving error 6161 when trying to print from remote applications. The client never sees the error but nothing prints.

Below is the error from the event log on the server

The server is Windows server 2008
    The client is Vista SP1(beta) with .Net 3.5 installed (since .net 3.1 SP1 is not supported under vista and yet is required for server 2008 easy print)

I have checked that users have permissions to both the servers spool folder and the local machines spool folder.

Thanks in advance for any help.

p.s. this is lan environment(right now, nothing public) with no firewalls between the server and the workstations, no firewalls enabled on the local work station either.
    also have the same issue with word and excel which are also published remote apps. I can use the printer which is installed on the server, but we are trying to get these apps working for the oustide sales team.
    Last edited by ssmith; 20th February 2008, 23:16.
    Stacey Smith
    Sr. Systems Engineer

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane --Samuel Clemens

Re: RemoteAPP printing Error

Hmm, well I had time to mess with this again today and I don't think its a server issue any longer.

I changed the printer to goto MS ONE NOTE and and ADOBE PDF Generator on the workstation and they both worked fine.

So it seems to be an issue with the workstation.

Thanks for viewing.
    Stacey Smith
    Sr. Systems Engineer

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane --Samuel Clemens

Comment

Re: Thanks for sharing

Thanks for sharing your answer with us, and do let us know if you find any other issues. I'm sure others will also benefit from knowing what was wrong and how you fixed it.

Cheers,

Daniel Petri
      Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
      MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
      X