Wireless USB Adaptors supported on Windows Server 2008

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless USB Adaptors supported on Windows Server 2008

Hi, I tried to use a D-Link (DWL-G122) wireless USB adaptor to connect my server to my home wireless but having contacted the vendor it isn't supported. Does anybody know of any wireless adaptors that are supported yet?

Thanks.

Re: Wireless USB Adaptors supported on Windows Server 2008

Deliberately not answering your question, but put a cheap(ish) wireless AP or router connected by cable to the server. Can't think of a good reasont o actually put it in the server, and why would a server support it. After all with Gbit networking becoming the norm, can you think of a server being able to do its thing with only 54bps SHARED access?
    Time to move on!
    TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    http://www.wintra.co.il/
    sigpic
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

did you try ripping the drivers apart and trying to manually install the drivers?

ive had luck with things that "arent supported" like that...

but i have to agree with teiger, what would be "no bueno" for my scenario and probably for yours. fer sure not for a primary connection... WLAN is too suspect to use as a main connection imo. not even with n dft/std.
      its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
      Give karma where karma is due...

Comment

Thanks guys, the reason for my request is because I have the server setup downstairs but my router is upstairs and don't want to have to run an RJ45 lead through the house hence trying to set the wireless USB connection up. I'm not setting any form of network up just using the server for study prep and would like an internet connection on there.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X