Terrible?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrible?

this is a joke from MS right? looks like they took VISTA, added in all the admin pak server roles and called it 2008. MS can't seriously be thinking about making us use this thing can they? i loaded it on a PE1950 and after about an hour popped in my 2003 disc for a nice clean wipe and reload. Hate the UI.

don't get me wrong here, i am the biggest pro microsoft guy out there. I hate those limpwristed mac users....i proudly fly those windows colors and those colors don't run

just not impressed with this one at all

Re: Terrible?

Originally posted by littlja View Post
    this is a joke from MS right? looks like they took VISTA, added in all the admin pak server roles and called it 2008. MS can't seriously be thinking about making us use this thing can they? i loaded it on a PE1950 and after about an hour popped in my 2003 disc for a nice clean wipe and reload. Hate the UI.

don't get me wrong here, i am the biggest pro microsoft guy out there. I hate those limpwristed mac users....i proudly fly those windows colors and those colors don't run

just not impressed with this one at all
    Everyone has there own opinion about this OS.

I'm just about to install RC0 onto a virtual server to see if its any good.

Comment

Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post
      Everyone has there own opinion about this OS.

I'm just about to install RC0 onto a virtual server to see if its any good.
      RC1 has just been released!

Michael
      Michael Armstrong
      www.m80arm.co.uk
      MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

The only thing terrible that I can see is the title of this thread!!
        Last edited by biggles77; 8th December 2007, 01:04. Reason: Typo
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
          The only thing terrible that I can see id the title of this thread!!

hahahah!!
          its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
          Give karma where karma is due...

Comment

Originally posted by littlja View Post
            this is a joke from MS right? looks like they took VISTA, added in all the admin pak server roles and called it 2008. MS can't seriously be thinking about making us use this thing can they?
            May I suggest you actually look at the new features of the OS instead of the UI ? If you do not like it, change the theme. If server OS was too be judged by it's graphics and UI then UNIX would be an extinct dinosaur and you would have to send an archaeological expedition to put your hands on AS/400 box.
            Guy Teverovsky
            "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Comment

I've configured a primary and secondary domain controller, created an authoratative and secondary DNS zone, have DHCP running, installed Exchange 2007 and have a Sharepoint running.

I have to say 2008 with the way it organizes all the Server Roles and Server Features and the simplicity of installing Server Roles and Modules helps administration of it all in a much nicer way than 2003 did.

I didn't like how Exchange 2007's Shell Management was taken out of Server 2003's User and Computers management but with 2008, I can see why they did it; to add the functionality to the Server Roles list.

Very good product so far. Makes a lot of things much easier. The only thing that's annoying is there is a little complication in trying to install an authoritative DNS server first before creating a Domain.

Comment

Working...
              X