Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote Debugging with Windows Server 2008

Hey,

I'm trying to debug an application from a Windows Vista client and attach it to a process in Windows Server 2008. I use Visual Studio Remote Debugging Tool. When I try to connect without authentication there is no problem but when I try to connect using Windows Authentication Mode, I get the following message:

Access is denied. This seems to be because the 'Network access: Sharing and security model for local accounts' security policy does not allow users to authenticate as themselves. Please use the 'Local Security Settings' administration tool on the local computer to configure this option.

That is really weird, because the policy is set to "Classic: local users authenticate as themselves".

Any ideas?

Itay

Re: Remote Debugging with Windows Server 2008

Are you trying to debug using local accounts or domain accounts ?
    Guy Teverovsky
    "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Comment

I'm using local accounts. Both of the computers are out of a domain, but I'm using the same username and password, which suppose to work...

Comment

Do you have UAC turned on on W2K8 ? Can you access shares on the W2K8 server using pass-through authentication (without being prompted for credentials, when the account/password you are logged on with is the same as on the remote W2K ?
        Guy Teverovsky
        "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Comment

Working...
        X