• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Longhorn Beta 3 is out

Longhorn Beta 3 is out:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro...s/default.mspx

On the other hand:

"The odds are the launch will be in 2008, but we haven't signed up for a specific launch date," said Ward Ralston, a senior technical product manager in Microsoft's Windows Server group.

Microsoft releases public test of Longhorn Server | CNET News.com:
    http://news.com.com/2100-1012_3-6179316.html
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Re: Longhorn Beta 3 is out

13GB. how much crapware does this thing have??? MS really need to bite the bullet and rewrite the code from scratch. Do away with backward compatibility and stop bloating the code. Have a look at the incremental increase in O/S size and the next one will be 30GB!! ENOUGH!
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I'm in no hurry. Almost all of my current lab equipment I'm sure won't be powerful enough for it. I'm in the same boat with Vista... no hurry.
      VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
      boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
      My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

It reallly does make you wonder if its all worth it when they release monsters like this.

I'll download the beta and see what its all about and start to get ready for the move in ohh about 4 years.

Thats us just moving to 2003 recently so god knows how long it will be before this is installed.

Comment

Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post
          It reallly does make you wonder if its all worth it when they release monsters like this.

I'll download the beta and see what its all about and start to get ready for the move in ohh about 4 years.

Thats us just moving to 2003 recently so god knows how long it will be before this is installed.
          im with ya... when i got here 2 years ago, i migrated the current infrastructure to 2003 from an NT4.0 domain... and with 50K tied up in 2003 licenses, ill probably wait it out. i dont want to ruin a working enviro.
          its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
          Give karma where karma is due...

Comment

Originally posted by James Haynes View Post
            when i got here 2 years ago, i migrated the current infrastructure to 2003 from an NT4.0 domain...
            Im in a similar situation, i got here about 2 months ago and ive only just got them migrating from NT4 to 2003 so Longhorn is a long way down the track especially with all the money outlayed for this upgrade.

I'll still get the beta and check it out though

Comment

Working...
            X