Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop a user to get IP Address from DHCP

Hello

Is there any way to stop a particular user to get IP Address from DHCP server?. I have DHCP server running on win 2003 server in a workgruop. If any other information requiared please ask. I dont want to give lease to a particular user, please suggest a solution.

Thanx
    Last edited by yahyaqazi; 30th August 2006, 08:05.

Re: Stop a user to get IP Address from DHCP

You could give them a static IP address outside the permitable range of your DHCP server

Hope this helps

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Why would you want a user to not get a DHCP IP -- you would have to set it up for a particular PC and if they used multiple PCs you would have to set them all up as static IPs

Tom
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I don't see the logic behin it, but you could do a reservation on the DHCP based on the user's computer MAC address, and give it an IP that's not on the right scope. It needs a bit of playing around with superscopes but it can be done.
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
        X