Slip stream xp sp2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slip stream xp sp2

When I did slip streaming of xp sp2 into oem xp pro and also had the booting image copied by isobuster, when i tried to make a booting slipstream cd, the cd was larger than 700 and I could not create a bootable xp slipstreamed cd. I was using nero 7 for the cd authoring program. Why would the slipstream cd be this large. I have only seen 1 or 2 articles addressing this issue. No extra files were added other than the xp disk and sp2 and the microsoft boot image.

Re: Slip stream xp sp2

Can you list the steps you took so we can have a look to see if any errors were made. (Post a link to the steps if you used intructions from a site)
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by ps101
      When I did slip streaming of xp sp2 into oem xp pro and also had the booting image copied by isobuster, when i tried to make a booting slipstream cd, the cd was larger than 700 and I could not create a bootable xp slipstreamed cd. I was using nero 7 for the cd authoring program. Why would the slipstream cd be this large. I have only seen 1 or 2 articles addressing this issue. No extra files were added other than the xp disk and sp2 and the microsoft boot image.
      ps101,

check out nLite (http://www.nliteos.com). it is a 3rd party util that allows you to automatically slipstream service packs, hotfixes, registry edits, ect. into your windows 2k, xp, or server 2k3 cd's. i've been using it for over a year and it works like a champ. let me know what you think of it after trying it out.

Comment

Originally posted by ps101
        Note that slipstreaming XP with SP1 or SP2 will NOT create a folder structure that's bigger than 700 MB. No way! You must have either done something wrong, or you also added stuff on your own, stuff that wadn't on the original CD.
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

try this link , one have done many using times this method and its work great
          http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=297

Comment

you can use magiciso to slipstream windows XP SP2. just read their tutorial below.
            http://www.magiciso.com/FAQ/FAQ0004.htm

Comment

Hello,
              I have used nLite and it worked well for a Windows 2000 AS SP4 CD I created.
              What I am interested in is making a similar XP Pro CD.
              When I installed and activated an SP2 installation, I ran, but also listed, all of the 67 updates required. When that is done, one has to update twice to complete the process. The total is some 120MB.
              I have downloaded all that were available: some are not, and some are choices.
              What is also evident is that .NET is required, but not available as a KB download.
              I have downloaded the .NET 1.1 and 2.0 executables, and the Windows Media Player 10 setup executable.
              What I want to do is to slipstream everything into the XPPro_OEM folder I have used so that anyone using the ISO I create will not have to update very much. They will have to download the Genuine Advantage whatever at some time.
              Unfortunately, with what I have seen, there are updates to Media Player and to .NET but they have their own native folders.
              Has anyone had any experience working on a similar project who knows about typical snafus before I waste my time?
              Any reasonable responses are welcome.
              Regards,
              Paul
              [email protected]

Comment

Working...
              X