cant boot 2k, software data mirror - HELP FAST

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cant boot 2k, software data mirror - HELP FAST

Hi I installed a new 2k box last week and the primary boot disk has failed. (no raid on boot)

However i have a 2k software mirror for the data. how do i recover the data? as its part of a software mirror?

Please help

Thanks

Re: cant boot 2k, software data mirror - HELP FAST

Install new HDD and Restore your backup of the boot disk. All should be ok. If not, data can be read from either drive in your new clean install on new HDD or in another computer.

Suggest you purchase additional (identical) HDD and mirror the boot drive, ASAP.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

What happens if you move the drive 1 to drive 0's slot??

This would be the secondary drive that you had software mirrored.

Comment

thanks for the quick reply,

in desperation i took one of the mirrored disks from the server and stuck it in a spare server i have (same os) as i have no backup of the C:\ drive.

disk admin came up and said it needed initialising, which i did, then it told me the disk was blank?!? *panic* what have i done?

i still have 1 disk left from the mirror

Comment

Originally posted by mordzy
          thanks for the quick reply,

in desperation i took one of the mirrored disks from the server and stuck it in a spare server i have (same os) as i have no backup of the C:\ drive.

disk admin came up and said it needed initialising, which i did, then it told me the disk was blank?!? *panic* what have i done?

i still have 1 disk left from the mirror
          I would never remove a drive and install it on another machne sa you will soon hit problems like this.

Can you move the mirrored drive to the bay that the original boot drive was in. Test it and get back to us.

Comment

im installing 2k on a new disk on the orig server.

though have i screwed one of the mirrored disks by initialising it?

FYI

Boot disk was single disk...
            data drive is a 2 disk mirror. (one of which i have initialised in another machine

Comment

Working...
            X