X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I add a user with admin rights

Dear Tech gods,

Please hear my pray !!

Is there any script by which I can create local admin user in my AD client PCs. What I need is specifically a script which I can add to the users logon and it should only run once at there logon to the client PCs in my win2003 AD and create a specific user with admin rights on the local machine.

Thanks a million.

I assure I am learning system admin and will use it for testing purpose only.

Re: How can I add a user with admin rights

What has this got to do with Exchange?

Tom
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Sorry for posting in the wrong froum. How can I move it to win2003 server?

Comment

Originally posted by mc5610700
        Dear Tech gods,

Please hear my pray !!

Is there any script by which I can create local admin user in my AD client PCs. What I need is specifically a script which I can add to the users logon and it should only run once at there logon to the client PCs in my win2003 AD and create a specific user with admin rights on the local machine.

Thanks a million.

I assure I am learning system admin and will use it for testing purpose only.
        Hi,

You want to add a specified domain-User(s) to the local-group Administrators on the workstation? There is no need to look for a script, you can also realise that and even better with a computer policy.

A good practice is first to
        • create a special security group in the Active Directory, named: "WinXP Local Administrators".
        • And make the selected domain-User(s) member of that group.
        then...
        1. Edit a GPO for the workstations, and browse to
          'Computer configuration' / 'Windows settings' / 'Security settings'
          Select 'Restricted groups'
        2. Rightclick to Add a Group.
        3. Enter a name (do not use 'Browse') of a group you want to create or typ a name of an existing group (of the workstations) that you want to be totally managed by GPO. So in your case typ just the name: Administrators and klik [OK]
        4. Next in the pane "Members of this group" Add three(!) names. First enter just Administrator and click ADD. So that keeps the workstation local-Administator member of the localgroup Administrators. Then use Browse to select and Add the new group domain\WinXP Local Administrators and also (important) the group domain\Domain Admins to the list.

- Make sure that GPO is linked to the OU which contains the WinXP workstations.
        - Reboot the Workstation(s)

\Rem
        Last edited by Rems; 13th September 2006, 18:51.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
        and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

I agree with Rems.
          Moved to Windows 2003
          Marcel
          Technical Consultant
          Netherlands
          http://www.phetios.com
          http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
          "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
          "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Working...
          X