Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

.NET Framework Version 1.1.4322 - how to uninstall , how to install , without uninsta

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .NET Framework Version 1.1.4322 - how to uninstall , how to install , without uninsta

The full subject is :

.NET Framework Version 1.1.4322 - how to uninstall , how to install , without uninstalling SP1 of windows 2003 server

Hello to all members ,

I have a problem with .NET Framework Version 1.1.4322 on my server.

The problem is about the registry file , there are missing keys and permission issue.

I would like to uninstall .NET Framework Version 1.1.4322

and I search for Micrsoft way for uninstalling it without doing any trick.

first I though , how that framework become to the server ? and I have found that it was installed together with the SP1 of windows 2003 server.

I don't want to uninstall the SP1.

all I want is to unistall the .NET Framework Version 1.1.4322 without the need of unistalling the SP1 and without any trick (I want to do it in Microsoft way)

why I request to do it in Microsoft way ? because I think that Microsoft forget the uninstall process of that Framework and this is kind of BUG in Microsoft product.

I tried to do anything but didn't find any way to resolve the mystery .

also , I have download Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable Package

from the following link:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

and found another mystery , if you will read the section which called Supported Operating Systems , you will see the following :

Windows 2000; Windows 98; Windows 98 Second Edition; Windows ME; Windows NT; Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 for Itanium-based Systems; Windows Server 2003 x64 editions; Windows XP; Windows XP Professional x64 Edition

The question is , where is Windows Server 2003 x86 edition (32 bit) ?

I still search any way for uninstalling the .NET Framework Version 1.1.4322 without uninstalling all the SP1 of windows 2003 server.

thanking you in advance.
    The rules DO apply to me.

Re: .NET Framework Version 1.1.4322 - how to uninstall , how to install , without uninsta

You can uninstall the framework by using Add/Remove Programs

Comment

Re: .NET Framework Version 1.1.4322 - how to uninstall , how to install , without uninsta

Delete the folder Microsoft.Net in Windows.

Comment

Originally posted by yahyaqazi
        Delete the folder Microsoft.Net in Windows.
        Not wise, IMHO
        Deleting a program folder without uninstalling leaves the registry in a mess, leaves orphan DLLs elsewhere on the system and means that Windows will try to use the program and get very upset when it cant.

Why not download .net framework 1.1 and reinstall. This should update any registry settings and restore the configuration to working order

Tom
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X