NAT Configuration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAT Configuration

I have a windows 2003 which I would like to setup as a NAT server.
    I have 2 network cards installed (one named LAN and the seconed on named WAN). I also have a DSL connection with Dynamic IP. How do I configure my external network card to use the dynamic ip and letme connect my internal network to the internet? will I need to do something to keep my ip from changing. Where do I find the IP/Gataway and Subnet for the DSL line that I am using?

Thanks

Thomas

Re: NAT Configuration

Have a read at this.

http://www.windowsnetworking.com/art...iguration.html

Comment

I Have Seen That Article But It Did Not Help Me Answer My Questions.

Comment

You will need to set your modem to Bridge mode and setup your WAN NIC to deal with authenticating to your ISP. I haven't done it myself but I think you need to Create a Network Connection through the wizard in My Network Places. The authentication credentials for your ISP will need to be setup there.

This is a messy process. Why not leave the Natting to the ADSL modem?
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Thanks for your reply. My ISP authenticate me via a web page and since my subsciption in a basic 1gb dsl when connecting via a dsl router the router automatically pick up a dynamic ip, gateway and subnet. The modem is suppluied by the ISP and I dont know how to configure it for bridging. can somebody give me step by step instructions how to do this. I am trying to setup a lab exchange 2003 from trainsignal and follow all the labs

thanks in advance

thomas

Comment

You will need to read the modem manual and let us know what it is. Sorry but I have used up all my guesses this month.

Another alternative is to download and install MS Virtual PC 2004SP1 and install Exchange on that. This way you can install several instances of Windows 2003 Server Evaluation copy along with a couple of Exchange 2003 Server Eval copies. Works real well. Virtual PC download.

Google for "Virtual PC2004". I am unable to get Microsoft at the moment, will post a link later.
            This way you don't have to dick around with a working ADSL connection.
            Last edited by biggles77; 20th August 2006, 12:40.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
            X