Windows 2003 System freezes during file xfer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 2003 System freezes during file xfer

I’m new to Windows 2003 and installed a fresh copy on my server last week. Although I’ve worked out most of the “bugs” there is still one thing that keeps happening. My server locks up from time to time. I’ve isolated this occurrence to be any time I am uploading / downloading a large file via FTP or uploading / downloading a large file via web folders. Small files are ok but if the files are large, the system freezes and I have to perform a cold reboot. Any suggestions? Oh and just for clairfication, my server (the one that locks), is the one that is hosting the FTP server and the Web Folders.
    Last edited by rotunnoe; 12th August 2006, 02:04.

Re: Windows 2003 System freezes during file xfer

Does this occur when transferring the files to other locations on the drive or to other local or network drives?

If it does I'd first focus on the drive controller (driver, etc.) then on the drive in question. There are also lots of other reasons this might occur, bad memory, ecc errors in drive or system memory, many different drivers may be in play.

Good luck.
    Last edited by ahinson; 12th August 2006, 04:35.
    Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Upon furthur investigation, I think I had a faulty drive. I activated the mirror and so far so good. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by rotunnoe
        Upon furthur investigation, I think I had a faulty drive. I activated the mirror and so far so good. Thanks for your help.
        No problem. I'm glad you figured it out.
        Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X