No announcement yet.

EndUser forgot administrator password

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EndUser forgot administrator password

I have a problem I was hoping you could help me out with or at least point me in the right direction. I have a Toshiba laptop running Windows XP Home edition without any service packs installed. The laptop keeps rebooting itself and I canít gain access to it even through safe mode. I canít get into the recovery console as my user has forgotten her administrator password. I tried installing XP Pro into a different directory named windowsnew and another named winnt, but when prompted to reboot, the laptop does the same thing. I have tried using a ntfsdos utility to both change the password and delete the SAM, but that didnít work either. I donít have a floppy drive, only a CD Drive. I have done everything I can think of to fix this, but to no avail. Can you help me with this situation?

So you've already used the guide on this site to reset the password?

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

EndUser forgot administrator password

I found a tool that corrects this.

which called?
        Technical Consultant

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
        "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
        "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"