2003 fax service

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 fax service

I cant find where in the server configurations can i tell the server to dial 9 for an outside line.

can anyone help me with this?

Re: 2003 fax service

I believe it's handled through the Phone and Modem Options under the Control Panel.

You can also check out the following for more details on setting up Windows 2003 Fax Service:
    Code:
    http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-1035_11-5148992.html
    Good luck!
    MePH
    "All technology should be assumed guilty until proven innocent." ~David Ross Brower

CCNA, MCSE, MCSA, Security+, A+

Comment

i already configured in the control panel in the "location" tab in "phone and modem options" the location and the erea code, and the number i have to dial, to get an outside line, but for some reason, when i try to send a fax, it dosent use the number, unless i write it as a part of the number i dial (like: 9,1234567)

Comment

Post a screenshot of your Location window.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

the screenshot attached.
          Attached Files

Comment

Well that looks alright. It may have something to do with your phone switchboard. If someone doesn't come up with a solution to this then you may have to educate your users about entering the outside line number in with the fax number. Alternately if you are using an address book for the fax numbers, that could be edited to include that number.

In the meantime I am going to move this the the Windows 2003 Server Forum and see how quickly we can find someone more knowledgable than me on this subject.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

no one has any idea?

Comment

Working...
              X