Microsoft releases ISA Server 2006

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft releases ISA Server 2006

In case you missed it, Microsoft quietly released ISA 2006 today (8/1/2006).
    There are some nice new features but MS missed the bus imo, most of the new features are merely evolutionary... (at least for ISA). No traffic shaping, usage quotas, or other advanced features that would make this a killer app.

Here's some helpful information related to ISA 2006 if you're interested.

Originally posted by Bink.nu
    ISA Server 2006 is the integrated edge security gateway that helps protect your IT environment from Internet-based threats while providing your users with fast and secure remote access to applications and data. Learn more about ISA Server 2006 with the evaluation resources listed below.

Secure application publishing with ISA Server 2006 enables organizations to make their Exchange, SharePoint, and other Web application servers accessible in a secure manner to remote users outside the corporate network.

Organizations can use ISA Server 2006 as a branch office gateway to connect to and secure their branch offices, while efficiently utilizing network bandwidth.

Web access protection with ISA Server 2006 can help organizations protect their environments from internally- and externally-originating Internet-based threats.

Read technical details on how the key features of ISA Server 2006 address important customer needs in each deployment scenario: secure application publishing, branch office gateway, and Web access protection.

This guide includes an overview of the supported upgrade scenarios, upgrade requirements, and upgrade procedures for ISA Server Standard Edition and ISA Server Enterprise Edition.

Learn more about ISA Server 2006 by reading answers to frequently asked questions.

Look up system requirements for ISA Server 2006.

Find out what the press is saying about Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server.

Download ISA Server 2006 Trial Software
    To receive the free trial software of ISA Server 2006, click the link below for the desired edition. This link will take you to the ISA Server 2006 registration form. After you submit the form, you will receive a link to the download location as well as links to other helpful resources.

Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Re: Microsoft releases ISA Server 2006

Thanks Andrew. Have you had a play with it yet?
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I think they are limited with what they can put in ISA now cause things like quotas would make people like surf control and websense very upset.
      Server 2000 MCP
      Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

I can't wait to get my hands on this through Software Assurance. I just went through a CBT for ISA 2004 and I LOVE it. Bar far one of the coolest and most fun to learn MS app we currently have.
        A+, Network+, Security+
        MCSE+Security on Server 2003

Comment

is he completly releases right now or is a RC?
          Last edited by Dumber; 3rd August 2006, 22:21.
          Marcel
          Technical Consultant
          Netherlands
          http://www.phetios.com
          http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
          "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
          "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Originally posted by tonyyeb
            I think they are limited with what they can put in ISA now cause things like quotas would make people like surf control and websense very upset.
            That doesn't seem to bother them (MS) in other areas... Why be different with ISA?
            Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by Dumber
              is he completly releases right now or is a RC?
              Supposidly it's RTM for full release.
              Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by ahinson
                That doesn't seem to bother them (MS) in other areas... Why be different with ISA?
                True. Maybe they have a close partnership with one or some of these companies not to step on their toes.
                Server 2000 MCP
                Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                X