Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active Directory client logon: clients not always authenticating with DC

All,
    We are currently underway with a NT 4 to Windows Server 2003 migration. We have about 16, mostly small, offices and are switching from a "single master" domain model, with multiple resource domains to a single 2003 AD domain. We've upgraded the accounts domain to 2003 AD at company HQ and also have new DC's out at some of our remote sites (which are still NT resource domains).

What I'm trying to figure out is why our AD clients at those sites are not always authenticating with the new 2003 DC. It's hit or miss. Initially, upon pointing all clients to use DNS from the new DC, they "found" and logged in via the DC. According to MS, once an AD client learns of a AD DC, it will never authenticate via a NT server again. That's not what we're seeing. We still have the master account domain BDC's still in place for the time being. For some reason, "set L" shows that on any given day, clients are still going through the BDC.

Any ideas? I realize that I may have left out some of the details necessary for you to help, so let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks
Working...
X