No announcement yet.

Active Directory /Profiles

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active Directory /Profiles

is there a way to delete user accounts from Active directory, and it will also delete the profile at the same time?

We do have a script, 'addusers', that should do this.
    but it seems, that profile (ntuser.pol, or something else) is in use, and can't be deleted. (i know this, because, i tried deleting the profile by hand)

Any help?
    Peter Lawlor

Re: Active Directory /Profiles

Was the user definately not logged on??

Assuming you have the correct permissions you should be able to delete the profile with no problem.

Creating a script to do this should be simple enought. You could use DSRM to remove the account (DSMOD to disable it would be better) and then some script to delete the entire %username% profile directory from the file server. The problem will get a little bit more tricky when you have different profiles on different file servers, but I am pretty sure you could get the profile path by some DS command.

If I were any good at scripts I would give it a try but I am cack

Michael Armstrong
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **