Am I a spammer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I a spammer?

Every two weeks or so, I find my IP, 202.76.169.58, listed in either SORBS or CBL. How can I stop this?

I've looked everywhere for help but can't find any.
    |
    +-- JDMils
    |
    +-- Regional Systems Engineer, DotNet programmer & Jack of all trades
    |

Re: Am I a spammer?

this meen that in your company you have A computer that sending EMAIL from you IP

you need to start sweep all you computers and see how is the copmuter
    check FW LOGS it can help you
    Thanks
    Noam Greenberg
    If you want yo can conntact me at

Comment

Make sure your email server isn't an open relay.

Also, you could lock down your firewall so that only your email server can send out using port 25. At any rate, you should probably track down the computer that's sending out all the emails. Probably has some malware.
      Regards,
      Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
      Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
      www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I checked that the email server is NOT a relay- thanks. I locked down port 25 to just the email server- thanks.

Is there a way I can check which ports are effectively open on my firewall?

EDIT: Scratch that last request. I used GRC to test my firewall.
        Last edited by JDMils; 25th July 2006, 07:28.
        |
        +-- JDMils
        |
        |

Comment

We use Policy Patrol AntiSpam. Best Anti-Spam product I have ever had the chance to use- totally administrator driven. Anyway, there is an option to quarantine externally sent DSNs.

Guess what? Our mail server is sending out around 400 DSN msgs and only 4 of these are legit. The others are virus attachments & SPAM emails, sent to, what seems to be, known invalid email addresses on our server. The Reply-To addresses on the incoming spam is of another email address.

What seems to be happening is the spammer is sending spam to hundreds of email addresses on our domain, eventhough none are valid. He has setup the Reply-To email address of his spam emails to point to legit email addresses on other domains which he has obviously harvested from somewhere. Our email server is thus bouncing the incoming spam to the legit email addresses thinking that this is where the spam came from. Thus our server is being used as a spam relay server.

I now have to go thru all the DSNs and decide which need to be sent and which are bouncing spam every day. At least, tho, our domain is no longer being blacklisted!
          |
          +-- JDMils
          |
          |

Comment

Working...
          X