Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I connect my Maxtor Shared Storage Plus (NAS) to Win2K3 server?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I connect my Maxtor Shared Storage Plus (NAS) to Win2K3 server?

I now have my Maxtor installed on the network. How can I configure Windows 2003 server so that all users have to go thru the server to access the drive's contents?

Also, how do I use AD security rights, thru the Win2K3 server, to control access to the Maxtor drive?

Thanks.
    |
    +-- JDMils
    |
    +-- Regional Systems Engineer, DotNet programmer & Jack of all trades
    |

Re: How do I connect my Maxtor Shared Storage Plus (NAS) to Win2K3 server?

Create a SHARE for the drive, put the SHARE into the logon script and then assign permissions accordingly.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

How does that connect the server to the drive? I don't think you can assign permissions to a drive which is not, somehow, connected to the server.

I was thinking maybe DFS would work?
      |
      +-- JDMils
      |
      |

Comment

Sorry, didn't read the title properly. It looked like you had a Maxtor one touch USB drive.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

We have a Lacie NAS box and the permissions are set in the Web management of the NAS box.

Can you explain why you want users to 'go through' your Win2k3 box to get to the NAS box?
          Server 2000 MCP
          Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Reason is that I have security groups already setup in the Active Directory and don't want to have to recreate them all on the Maxtor NAS box.
            |
            +-- JDMils
            |
            |

Comment

Working...
            X