Shadow Copy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shadow Copy

I have implemented Shadow Copy on my Windows 2003 Server and made sure my workstations have the Shadow Copy client. When I click the Previous Versions tab, I can only see available copies when clicking folder options, not from individual files. What am I doing wrong. I can't find anything on this anywhere.

Many Thanks!

Stu

Re: Shadow Copy

Did you double click on the folders?
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Yes, I have. I can see files within folders but when I am looking from the properties tab of a file.

Comment

Originally posted by 2k3kindaguy
        I can see files within folders but when I am looking from the properties tab of a file.
        Sorry, I do not understand what you mean.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

How are you looking at the files/folders? i.e. via a share or locally.

When you view this locally the only option you have is to restore the entire volume. If you need to see a more granular view of what can be restored you must view it via a share.
          Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by ahinson
            When you view this locally the only option you have is to restore the entire volume.
            I might seem a bit lame here but could you point it out for me ahinson? How is it possible to restore the entire volume locally? I know Vista has that option, never knew Win2003 had it.
            Cheers,

Daniel Petri
            Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
            MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Originally posted by danielp
              I might seem a bit lame here but could you point it out for me ahinson? How is it possible to restore the entire volume locally? I know Vista has that option, never knew Win2003 had it.
              If you select a date/time then click revert it will restore the volume to the state of the snapshot.

Try it, it will tell you that it is restoring the "volume".
              Attached Files
              Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Going to wait till I have a VS setup before I try that one. Thanks Andrew, never took notice of the greyed out option before.
                1 1 was a racehorse.
                2 2 was 1 2.
                1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                X