Microsoft buys Winternals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft buys Winternals

I recently read that Microsoft is buying Winternals. I wonder what will happen to their amazing utilities. Will Microsoft can them and discontinue the products or make them better? Here is the story. What do you think?

The following is taken from Businessweek.com
    Microsoft buys data protection company

JUL. 18 12:33 P.M. ET Microsoft Corp., the world's largest software maker, said Tuesday it agreed to acquire Winternals Software LP, an Austin, Texas-based maker of data protection and systems recovery software.

Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Winternals co-founder Mark Russinovich will join Microsoft as a technical fellow in the platforms and services division, while co-founder Bryce Cogswell will join Microsoft's Windows component platform team as a software architect.
    David Davis - Petri Forums Moderator & Video Training Author
    Train Signal - The Global Leader in IT Video Training
    TrainSignalTraining.com - Free IT Training Products
    Personal Websites: HappyRouter.com & VMwareVideos.com

Re: Microsoft buys Winternals

I'm actually rather worried that they're going to screw up the tools. I sincerely hope I'm wrong.
    Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Oh dear!!
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Yeah I read about this yesterday on a few blogs. Most people think its going to be bad

Time to ensure you have all their software downloaded before M$ pulls the site

Michael
        Michael Armstrong
        www.m80arm.co.uk
        MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

The Microsoft subsidiary sign is already on the site. Funny thing too, this link no longer works. http://winternals.com/products/repai...02.asp?pid=erd . Click on the Emergency Downloads button (right side menu) and see what happens.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
          X