Bytes sent to a website

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bytes sent to a website

I am using ISA 04 as Software firewall. How could I understand which files have been uploaded by domain users to specific website.
    Firewall Client has been installed on their mechines.
    Suppose when I use report I see that "User:Jack" has been send "10Mb" to "www.example.com"
    I want to know what has been sent to this website?

Bytes send /recieve Ratio

When I view the logs that has been generated by ISA04 I have founded that One Of my Users viewed a website and recieved 72 MB from awebsite and has been sent 38.43 MB to this website.

I know that according to TCP/IP bytes will be send while bytes are recieved But I can not understand The ratio betweeb the Recieved/send bytes.

Comment

Re: Bytes sent to a website

Are we supposed to be psychic??? How the hell do we know what a user is uploading or downloading from a web site? You have ISA 2004 that can all sorts of things in the logs and you have physical access to the user. Ask them!!
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Re: Bytes send /recieve Ratio

Incomplete question and it is very similar to your other one on this theme. Was this over 1 hour time period or 6 months? Is he uploading and downloading from this site? What do the ISA logs say? Have you asked them? If you are conserned, block the site.

Don't expect the readers to play guessing games with your information devprived posts. You have been here long enough to know what is required when posting.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Re: Bytes send /recieve Ratio

Thanks for your reply,
          I do not expect you to guess. my question is that how many packet the computer send to tell the server that the previous packets has been recieved by the computer in TCP/IP 3way handshake.
          i.e. If download 30 MB from a website how many Bytes my computer send to the website server in this process.

sincerely yours,

Comment

I can find out the ammount of user data transmition with a server.
            I do not know how can I find out which files the user has been uploded to server.
            Could Isa tell me the name of the specific file a users has been uploaded to a specific website.

thanks,

Comment

Threads merged. No double posting.

As for the question - to find out, set up a network monitoring tool such as Netmon or Ethereal, create a filter to capture only the traffic between comp A and B, then capture the traffic as comp A transfers a file to comp B.
              Cheers,

Daniel Petri
              Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
              MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
              X