No announcement yet.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kerberos

Recently after a failed Microsoft update we are unable to log onto our network from client computers. Microsoft has identified Kerberos as at fault but couldn't give me any further information on how to fix this issue.

I have run netdiag /fix and dcdiag /fix, this partially fixed the issue, I can now see all the computers in my network places. I also edited the registry to transmit kerberos over TCP / IP.

One thing that is strange is that I can no longer ping the server from the client computers??, the server did have teamed network cards but I uninstalled this and resetup the networking on the server. This didn't result in much.

Could you please point me to some reference material or a step-by-step guide to troubleshooting kerberos issues??. I am at a bit of a lose with this one.

Any help you can offer me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Kerberos

1. Verity that there is no firewall enable on the server.

2. Please contact MS for further support - I dont know what changes
    they request from you to made so they may have the most update information.

Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn:, Blog:

Have you tried to remove the update that affected your machine??

I removed the update that appeared to affect the machine. Microsoft technical support told me that they don't think the update was the issue, they say something else caused the issue and it just became evident with the server reboot.

Any other ideas on how to fix this issue and kerberos??.