No announcement yet.

Old domain to new domain

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old domain to new domain

I have been given the task to migrate from an old windows 2000 domain x to a brand new 2003 domain called z. They will have nothing to do with each other, and after everything is moved from x to z, the old 2000 PDC will become a member server on the new domain running some crappy software. My question, and I have searched, is this: does anyone have any idea how I can migrate users and servers, without having to recreate all users and servers in AD? Besides that, I had done one cutover previously, it required that we copy .pst files, and other stuff over to a new profile on the local PC of the users. Needless to say, this can be quite tedious.

Secondly, is there some way that I can allow users to choose to log in to either domain using their regular profile, via a dropdown, until the migration is complete?

I would certainly appreciate all help I can get.

Re: Old domain to new domain

This will probably answer a lot of your questions

I don't know how long you're gonna be dragging out the migration but you could create a domain trust between the two domains if need be...

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond

I have a few ideas on how to proceed on this. Let me know if you need any additional help.

VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+ - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
      My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Thank you, I have read the recommended article. It helps.