No announcement yet.

Windows 2000 Time Service

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 2000 Time Service

On a 2000 network with 3 DC's I have recently moved the FSMO roles from one domain controller to another. I am trying to configure the new server as the main time server on the network, however clients and other server still seem to point to the old server as their time source.

I have changed the registry setings in on the new FSMO role holder to point to an external clock using net time /setsntp: however this fails. I have added the new server in the DHCP option

On windows 2003 there is a command to run on the previous PDC emulator following the FSMO role holder move.

w32tm /config /syncfromflags:domhier /reliable:no /update

I have tried this on Windows 2000 server, but no joy. Are there any other options I need to do.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Re: Windows 2000 Time Service

Do you have the net time command running in a logon script?
    Departed: 23rd December 2015

Re: Windows 2000 Time Service

Yes I do however I have changed that to point to the new servers. At the moment the logon script maps network drives and sets the time for each client.

I have adjusted the script to point to the new server, however if I send a net time command from a client it references the old server name. I have changed the setting in the DHCP options also to point to the new server.

Things are working fine and the clocks synch but I would like all clients to sync with the new server.

Appreciate your time. Any help would be greatly appreciated