Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to get win 2k3 activated after its expiration of activation period

Hi petri
    i m using windows 2k3...my activation period got expire...n i don't ever remeber the activation key which is required to activate win 2k3
    pls help me out in this regard
    thnx
    thnx

Re: how to get win 2k3 activated after its expiration of activation period

Originally posted by brownica
    Hi petri
    i m using windows 2k3...my activation period got expire...n i don't ever remeber the activation key which is required to activate win 2k3
    thnx
    thnx

I'm sure its a re-install if the eval has lapsed.

Someone else can verify.

Comment

i think activation and evaluation are 2 different things.

u need to activate your installation within a certain number of days. if u don't, all u can do after this time has passed is to log on and activate it. u shouldn't need any key for that. as long the network setup functions correctly, windows can activate via the microsoft server.

evaluation is different. if that time has passed, u can't use it anymore. in that case it's time for a format c: and reinstallation.
      Yesterday we stood at the edge of the abyss. Today we are a step further...

Comment

Originally posted by brownica
        Hi petri
        I'm not sure what you mean by "activation key" (maybe the CD key?) but here's an M$ link about activation. You should be able to log on and activate over the internet or by phone.
        Regards,
        Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
        Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
        www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
        X