No announcement yet.

How to Migrate or Upgrade Window 2000 Advance Server with Windows 2003 Server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Migrate or Upgrade Window 2000 Advance Server with Windows 2003 Server

Hi Petri,

I have two w2k server one is my domain controller and second is my addational domain controller. I want to know what are the steps and best ways to migrate or upgrade my servers with windows 2003 server without disturbing my network.

Regards,

Regards,

Rajeev Gautam
    If God answer your prayer,he is increasing your faith.
    If he delay,he is increasing your patience.
    If he doesn't answer,he knows you can handle it perfectly.

Re: How to Migrate or Upgrade Window 2000 Advance Server with Windows 2003 Server

Use Search function for this site. Then select this one.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Re: How to Migrate or Upgrade Window 2000 Advance Server with Windows 2003 Server

I read the all articals these are really very useful. But I have one small question in my mind that can we run windows 2003 server installation on exiting windows 2000 DC to upgrade windows 2000 DC server to Window 2003 DC server. The same way we can upgrade windows 2000 professional to windows XP. please let me know about this.
      Regards,

Rajeev Gautam

Comment

This was a link on one of the posts. Did you read this one as it will answer your question AND tell you what steps you need to take.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

sorry I miss this artical. What I understand from this artical are we have to update forestprep and domainprep in exiting windows 2000 DC before go for upgradation. This will upgrade exiting windows 2000 DC Active directory according to window 2003 server.We doing this so because windows 2003 installtion is not doing automatically. After that we can run windows 2003 server installation on windows 2000 DC to upgrade window 2000 DC to Windows 2003 DC. if I'm wrong please correct me.

Regards,
          Regards,

Rajeev Gautam

Comment

Sounds about right to me.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Thanks a lot Mr. biggles77. This is my first post and the response get from you poeple is great.
              Regards,

Rajeev Gautam

Comment

It's pretty such straight forward. Just remember to move th fsmo to the new w2k3 dc.

Comment

Working...
                X