Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can not see my local drivers (was: windows 2000 server)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can not see my local drivers (was: windows 2000 server)

Hi,
    I can not see my local drivers when I am logged in on a Terminal Server 2000. Everything goes well on a sbs 2003
    Thanks

Re: windows 2000 server

Check the client drive mapping configuration in Terminal Services Configuration as well as Active Directory Users and Computers.
    Attached Files
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
    boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
    My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Make sure its turned on in the rdp client too.
      Attached Files
      Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Andrew we need to get your RDP client upgraded to the Win2k3SP1 version
        VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+

Comment

in the ad users and computers, adding a new user, you enter username, then next to it, there is the domain, eg. pixela.com, how do i add an additional domain in say pixela.net?

thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by jasonboche
            ???

Pixela, please start a new thread (Topic) and not hijack an existing one. Thank you.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

oh i was under the assumption this thread is for all questions related to w2k server.. sorry about that

Comment

Originally posted by pixela
                oh i was under the assumption this thread is for all questions related to w2k server.. sorry about that
                So the other 1792 threads underneath are for?

Can I strongly recommend reading the "sticky" posts before posting as it will save you a lot of hassle in the long run.

Tom
                Tom Jones
                MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

in the ad users and computers, adding a new user, you enter username, then next to it, there is the domain, eg. pixela.com, how do i add an additional domain in say pixela.net?

thank you.
                  Use Active Directory Domains And Trusts to add an additional UPN suffix.

Comment

That's what happens when a smart forum member decides to use a smart subject for their post.

Next time I'll ban some users for a month or so, that'll teach them a lesson.

Cheers,

Daniel Petri
                    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
                    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Use Active Directory Domains And Trusts to add an additional UPN suffix.
                      thank you jasonboche

Comment

There's one newer than this?
                        Attached Files
                        Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Re: I can not see my local drivers (was: windows 2000 server)

Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 was released which delivered a slightly updated version of the tool (5.2.3790.1830) which allows the initiating client to require secure communication with a remote server.

You are not using this newest version of the client because the security tab is missing on the far right of your RDP client. See the screenshot I posted for a comparison.

Grab the 5.2.3790.1830 version of the client from any Win2k3 Server which has service pack 1. c:\windows\system32\clients\tsclient\...
                          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, I didn't realize there was a newer version. I'm slipping.
                            Andrew

Comment

Jason, I now retract my ??? . I thought I had the latest RD from MS (downloaded it from here). Only looked at the Quick Details version number, DOH!!. Will have a look at the R2 install I have to see if it has been changed again.
                              1 1 was a racehorse.
                              2 2 was 1 2.
                              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                              X