Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to work with Schema

Hello
    I wonder if there is any good refrence that talk deeply about schema and how to modify it as long as its one of the best way to make your active directory as you like
    I know that its like a BOMP .. any small error may couse a desastor .. but I want to learn much about

Thank

Re: How to work with Schema

Originally posted by farisnt
    Hello
    I wonder if there is any good refrence that talk deeply about schema and how to modify it as long as its one of the best way to make your active directory as you like
    I know that its like a BOMP .. any small error may couse a desastor .. but I want to learn much about

Thank
    I have read several books that touch on the basics of the schema and light modification, but, I have yet to come across a book that goes deeply into AD schema nuts and bolts. That may be for the best considering the impact a wrong move can make for an Active Directory forest and it's domain members.

A quick search on amazon.com brought up several books, some of which might contain what you're looking for. Steer clear of the certification exam books, they aren't going to have the level of detail you are looking for. Link below:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=...rectory+schema
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
    boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
    My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Re: How to work with Schema

Actually, Let me revise my statement.

I just pulled a book off my bookshelf that goes quite deep into working with schema objects. 21 pages worth of information on performing various tasks and what all the settings mean.

Windows 2000 Active Directory, Joe Casad, (Osbourne) ISBN 0-07-212323-0
      Pages 356-376

This could be what you're looking for.
      VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
      boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
      My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Working...
      X