Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Create new user in AD, wrong outlook profile associated with new users

Hello,
    Whenever I create a new user in Active Directory (Windows 2003) the wrong outlook profile is associated with the new user's roaming profile. Here is what happens:

1) I create a new user in AD.
    2) I login as that user through Terminal Services, go to Control Panel > Mail > E-mail Accounts... > Next > the "Deliver new e-mail to the following location" dropdown displays "Mailbox - Wrong User" (Wrong User being the name of our old Admin) instead of "Mailbox - New User" (New User being the name of the new user I just created).
    3) I manually have to remove that Exchange account and add the correct Exchange account for that user.

A side effect of this is once I change it so that it's using the correct Exchange account, the new user cannot open attachments in Outlook 2003. This is because a registry setting is created with the user's account which tells outlook what temp directory to store the attachment so that it can be opened. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\O utlook\Security is set to the old admin's temporary directory so I have to manually change that registry key to use the new user's temp directory.

Basically, the old Administrator's user account settings are being used for new user's settings and it's a pain to have to manually make these changes every time I create a new user.

Any ideas why this is happening? Thanks for your help!

Re: Create new user in AD, wrong outlook profile associated with new users

How are you making the new user, from scratch or copying and then modifying a default account?
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

It happens when I create a user from scratch and when I copy a user.

Comment

i'm sure this is probably something to do with the .prf file the previous admin used. try googling outlook.prf and see if that helps.

Jem

Comment

Working...
        X