Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• resource kit tools

Hello All,

I have been using the addusers.exe( to add multiple users ) usrtogrp.exe ( to specify users to appropriate groups) xcacls.exe( setting up NTFS permissions) in a windows 2000 domain.

I am now moving to a windows 2003 domain & was trying out the above listed files... I keep getting errors with the usrtogrp.exe command. Is there a windows 2003 file to replace that & also wanting to know how to set SHARE permissions on a folder which has already got NTFS permissions set up by using the XCACLS.exe.

Any help uin this matter is appreciated.

thanks

to add users us can use the dsadd and fill the format. I do not know anything about share permissions. I know that about default share permissions which are read in 2003
    Best regards,
    Mostafa Itani

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

to add users us can use the dsadd and fill the format. I do not know anything about share permissions. I know that about default share permissions which are read in 2003
      Best regards,
      Mostafa Itani

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi Sanvour,

thanks for the reply... but I need to add users from the AD to my local machine & not create users in the AD.

My script is as under :

REM ***Add the Access local user to the TS_Automate Group. Also add the Domain Access01-Access20 to Remote Desktop Users**
        usrtogrp ts_automate.txt
        REM ***Add the Access local user to the TS_Users Group. Also add the Domain Access01-Access20 to Remote Desktop Users***
        usrtogrp rdp_users.txt

here its adding the users from the AD to a new group called TS_Automate on the local server using the usrtogrp.exe tool

Comment

Working...
        X