rdp client update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rdp client update

hello i ve windows 2003 enterprise FR, with 100 XP PRO FR Workstation.
    my rdp client (mstsc) is vers 5.2 , i have seen a 6.0 vers of rdp client (mstsc) but it is in english. Is there a version more recente than my 5.2 in french ?
    thank's to your ans !

Re: rdp client update

I haven't seen version 6 of the RDP client in any language. If there's a version 6 I'd consider it a hoax until it's posted by MS - which if it is I've been unable to find it.

If you're referring to this - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Originally posted by MS.com
    Quick Details
    File Name: MSRDPCLI.EXE
    Version: 6.0.2600.0
    Date Published: 10/15/2004
    That isn't version 6 it's [5.1.2600.2180].
    Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

V6.0 is from Vista (If I remember correctly, I don't have a Vista client to check with right now).
      Cheers,

Daniel Petri
      Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
      MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Originally posted by danielp
        V6.0 is from Vista (If I remember correctly, I don't have a Vista client to check with right now).
        Well if that's the case its pre-release just like Vista. Do you know what benefits it would offer to XP if any?
        Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

I was able to find this on version 6.

Remote Programs: Application publishing with client-side file type associations.
          Seamless Windows: Remote applications can run on a client machine that are served by a Remote Desktop connection.
          Terminal Server Gateway: Enables the ability to use a front-end IIS server to accept connections for back-end Terminal Services servers via an HTTPS connection, similar to how RPC over HTTPS allows Outlook clients to connect to a back-end Exchange 2003 server.
          Support for remoting of Avalon/WinFX applications: Clients that have Avalon/WinFX support will be able to display full Avalon effects on a local machine.
          Rewrite of device redirection to be more general-purpose, allowing a greater variety of devices to be remoted.
          All of Terminal Services will be fully configurable and scriptable via WMI.
          Bandwidth tuning for RDP clients.
          32-bit Color Support

Comment

Do you have any url to a microsoft page?
            Marcel
            Technical Consultant
            Netherlands
            http://www.phetios.com
            http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
            "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
            "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Working...
            X