No announcement yet.

printer issue

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• printer issue

i need some advice or some directions... 1. this is the issues i'm running win2003 server and the printers on the network are not working users try to print but it prints out plan paper?...... 2.and then i try to delete a printer and take out the static ip i also try to delete it from print server properties it give me an error "RESOURCE IN USE' what i'm i doing wrong?

could somebody please reply

Re: printer issue

Any clue as to what printers you are running?
    Is 2003 Server patched and up to date?
    What antivirus are you running? Is it up to date?
    Departed: 23rd December 2015

patches are not updated and anti-virus is not updated as well... we had this problem in the past but we just deleted the printers and re-created them but now the test pages are coming out all grable and i installed new drivers.

Run Windows Update and AV update before you do anything else. If your system is not patched properly, you have a lot more to worry about than a mis-behaving printer!

All printers are LAN and installed on the server, then shared out so clients can connect to them via the server?

What sort of printers and network connection?
        (e.g. HP LJ5 using JetDirect)

Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **