No announcement yet.

Internet Connection Sharing in Windows 2003 Server R2

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Connection Sharing in Windows 2003 Server R2

I am new user to Windows 2003 Server R2. I have been asked to Configure Internet, DHCP, DNS and most of the protocols.
    I have configured DHCP and DNS. Now I am unable to Share the Internet connection between the clients. We are using Router and DNS IP addresses for Internet accessing. Initially we were getting Internet connection by just configuring in TCP/IP Settings. Now we have planned all clients should access internet through Windows 2003 Server. Fortunately I am able to get Internet connection in Server machine only. Unfortunately clients are not able to access the Internet. I have read some documents to resolve this problem, bit I could not. I have learnt that when we use DHCP and DNS, I can not use ICS for internet sharing. I have configured RRAS also, still it is not sharing.
    Could anybody help me in resolving fallowing queries
    1) Internet Connection Sharing with Windows 2003 Server R2 and with Windows XP Professional Clients
    2) How can I configure RRAS for Internet Connection Sharing.
    3) In my server, if i try to delete mails from inbox, i get no response from browser. Expect deleting the mails all other operations I can perform. why it is like this.

i will be delighted with your response,

Re: Internet Connection Sharing in Windows 2003 Server R2

There no need to use ICS if you have local router (just set it as default gateway for all the LAN members)..

Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn:, Blog: